ATG Worldwide Forum
Welcome to ATG Worldwide's forum!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

ATG Worldwide Forum
Welcome to ATG Worldwide's forum!
ATG Worldwide Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Military Pay Freeze?

3 posters

Go down

A Military Pay Freeze? Empty A Military Pay Freeze?

Post  98golf Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:56 pm

The following is an article from the Huffington Post. Yes, I know that this publication is usually just a bit farther left than Lenin (and no, he was not the front man for the Beatles), but this was written by Paul Rieckhoff, The Executive Director and Founder, Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America. It is a good one and discusses a possible military pay freeze at a time when our troops are subject to lengthy and frequent deployments in some of the Globes' less hospitable regions.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/paul-rieckhoff/a-military-pay-freeze-our_b_792963.html

For background purposes, I have also included a link to a current military pay scale just in case you don't know what our fighting men and women get paid. Not to spoil the surprise, but it sucks.

http://www.militaryfactory.com/military_pay_scale.asp

In direct contrast to this ridiculous pay scale, which sometimes places enlisted families below the federal poverty level, the following link shows the pay and benefits of our fine leaders in congress. WARNING: This made me throw up in my mouth a little bit.

http://usgovinfo.about.com/od/uscongress/a/congresspay.htm

98golf

Back to top Go down

A Military Pay Freeze? Empty Unfortunately this is a constant battle....

Post  Navy Mustang Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:32 am

In '92, it happened and while we were deployed to the Med. Pres. Clinton came aboard to talk to the troops. A buddy of mine put on his dress whites, with full medals and a protester sign that simply said, "Will work for food." Unfortunately he didn't make to the hangar bay, but he also didn't get in any trouble. He was speaking what was on everyone else's mind.

More recently, there was a threat of a freeze last year while I was in Afghanistan. It was strange preparing to go outside the wire when there is a chance that you will be doing it for free.
Navy Mustang
Navy Mustang

Back to top Go down

A Military Pay Freeze? Empty Amazed

Post  Dienekes7 Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:50 am

Although I've never served in the military i find it crazy how they are often treated. Protecting our country for pennies, while sport athletes make millions. "Albert Pujols has agreed to a deal with the Angels, according to sources. Deal is 10 years, $250 million." RIDICULOUS, what happened to playing because you love the game?
Dienekes7
Dienekes7

Back to top Go down

A Military Pay Freeze? Empty Re: A Military Pay Freeze?

Post  Navy Mustang Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:21 pm

Dienekes7 wrote:Although I've never served in the military i find it crazy how they are often treated. Protecting our country for pennies, while sport athletes make millions. "Albert Pujols has agreed to a deal with the Angels, according to sources. Deal is 10 years, $250 million." RIDICULOUS, what happened to playing because you love the game?

Denis Leary once said to show how messed up our priorities are, "We live in a world with million dollar athletes and volunteer firemen."
Navy Mustang
Navy Mustang

Back to top Go down

A Military Pay Freeze? Empty Re: A Military Pay Freeze?

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down