ATG Worldwide Forum
Welcome to ATG Worldwide's forum!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

ATG Worldwide Forum
Welcome to ATG Worldwide's forum!
ATG Worldwide Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prepping anyone?

3 posters

Go down

Prepping anyone? Empty Prepping anyone?

Post  bonezuki Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:31 am

Just curious if anyone in the club has any formal organization or interest in organizing preparedness plans.

bonezuki

Back to top Go down

Prepping anyone? Empty When-- It Hits The Fan--What's Your Plan

Post  onelilfilly Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:57 pm

Jim and I are very interested in being prepared... I have read many lists and suggestions from others... We do not have an exact diagram we are working from..but we are making good headway...I do think each family has to make their list suitable for them...my addition to the many lists I have read are as follows..powdered milk, canned milk,,
powdered eggs.and most important Deck of Cards...I would definitely enjoy hearing someone speak on the subject..
It's easy enough to gather things... but what if you have to leave them.or lose access ..foraging in the winter could be quite a challange.

onelilfilly

Back to top Go down

Prepping anyone? Empty Re: Prepping anyone?

Post  bonezuki Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:46 am

In my opinion, granted I am no expert by any means, but I believe first of all knowledge and skills are much more important than how much gear you can stow away. Also sustainable living is key. If you have to leave in a hurry or even if run out of supplies, what do you do? You have to have the knowledge and skills to for instance, grow a sustainable crop. I think far too many people overlook simple things like this. I am very interested in speaking with like minded people on these subjects. Most people that I know think I am a little cooky when I bring the topic up but all you have to do is watch the news!

bonezuki

Back to top Go down

Post  bonezuki Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:49 am

Also if you don't do it for reasons that you believe (as I do) that there is no turning our economy around and we are headed for disaster, do it for frugality. I mean think if you had 100 gallons of diesel fuel stored away that you purchased just 5 yrs ago. Think about what's that worth in today's market. That can be said for nearly everything. Food, med. supplies, and on and on. It's insane.

bonezuki

Back to top Go down

Prepping anyone? Empty When it Hits the Fan--What's Your Plan

Post  onelilfilly Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:32 am

These are times when I am very happy that I grew up in the mountains of Ky and Wv with a cellar and a smoke house. Although my father had a lucrative job we enjoyed lots of wild meat...and the fruits of the field..dandelion greens, poke greens, and cress.. canned everything from a to z.... learned how to hole up vegetables and fruits for the winter..how to trap small game...without steel traps .. .for as you say... regardless for the reasons... we all need to be prepared.. with knowledge..and some basic tools at the very least..we are still a work in progress here...

onelilfilly

Back to top Go down

Post  bonezuki Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:44 am

Sounds to me like you have a very good base though.

bonezuki

Back to top Go down

Prepping anyone? Empty security

Post  crowdog Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:58 pm

3 min.without air 3 hours without shelter 3 days without water.3 weeks without food 3 seconds without security
crowdog
crowdog

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum